To the wonderful woman who has done so much for us, how can we show her our appreciation this Mother’s Day?
Celebrating Mother’s Day becomes a challenge most especially when our older moms seem to have everything. After years of gift giving, we run out of fresh and unique ideas that can equally tell how much we love them.
Faith Comfort Care Home has gathered some suggestions that might help you bring more meaning to this year’s Mother’s Day celebration. Don’t forget to share your own tips and suggestions in the comments below!
- SPOIL HER .What tickles her fancy? Is it having a nice massage at a spa? Getting a new haircut? Visiting new places? Eating at her favorite café downtown? Pamper her on her special day.
- MAKE A PHOTO JOURNAL. Pull out your family photos – from the oldest to most recent ones – and gather your favorite or most memorable snapshots. If scrapbooking isn’t your thing, you can use these photos for a digital photo journal that she can watch and enjoy again and again.
- SPEND SOME QUALITY TIME . Celebrate the day together and plan ahead activities that she always enjoys. Go to her favorite ice cream parlor, binge-watch old movies, get a new haircut, or bake her favorite cake. Check out that new, cozy café and talk about life over a cup of good coffee. After all, you are your mom’s most precious gift. Your time and undivided attention will always be enough.
- BE OF HELP . Maybe she’ll love a little help as she goes over her gardening. Know how you can be of help to your mom. If she’s baking her favorite recipe, be her assistant chef of the day. She’d surely love the favor.
- GO FOR TRADITIONAL FAVORITES . A surprise using her favorite flowers or a thoughtfully chosen card never gets old. Just make sure you’ve included a personal note that bears the words of your appreciation for mom. Most likely, this will become a part of her memorabilia she’ll always get fond of reading over and over.
6.GO FOR DIY ITEMS. Nothing beats handmade items. Make use of your crafty hands by preparing personalized items for mom – be it a cute jewelry or comfortable chair. Go for items that are functional and usable every day. This way, she’ll smile and think of you every time she sees your craft.
But what if mom has dementia?
This Mother’s Day, take the celebration to her. She’ll most likely enjoy some quiet activities in her most familiar environment. And it should be your best interest to keep it that way.
Remember to visit her at her calm state, all the while keeping noise to a minimum. Your appreciation can be shown through a warm embrace or a gentle massage.
Assisted Living Communities like Faith Comfort Care Home strive to help seniors live their daily lives to the fullest. Learn more about our Care Homes in Texas by calling us at 214-607-8763 or 972-664-0740.
Blogs, content and other media uploaded online are for informational purposes only. Contents on this website should not be considered medical advice. Readers are strongly encouraged to visit their physician for health-related issues.