It’s rewarding to reach the golden years and carry valuable wisdom that keeps them ahead of life. But hitting such milestone can be detrimental to one’s overall being too. You might notice the slow deterioration in physical and mental health with your loved ones, and such transition isn’t easy to manage.
So, how can you tell that your aging adults need help? One thing’s for sure: They won’t be the one to tell you! With an elder’s desire to remain strong and independent for as long as possible, it will take series of traumatic events before accepting the reality that they need assistance – And we don’t need that kind of wake-up call, don’t we?
Beware of These Warning Signs
Here are the red flags you shouldn’t ignore. If you notice any of these signs happening on your loved ones, you may want to consider taking them to an assisted living facility to help monitor their well-being, safety, and comfort while in their golden years:
- Rotten foods or expired consumables on the kitchen
- Skipping meals or not eating properly
- Weight loss
- Inability to prepare healthy meals or inability to cook for themselves
- Inability to do the groceries or run errands
- Inability to stand up directly or get up from a seated position
- Inability to perform personal tasks or routine household chores
- Feeling lonely and depressed
- Irritability and mood swings
- Missed medications or wrong dosage intake
- Unexplained bruising or scratches
- Problems with balance, walking, and mobility
- Problems with personal hygiene
- Problems with incontinence
- Unpleasant odor in the house, especially of urine
- Irregular bathing and showering habits
- Unkempt backyard or garden
- Piles up laundry, clutter areas, and untidy rooms
- Overflowing mailbox and piles of unopened mails
- Frequent calls from bill collectors
- Late payments and bounced checks
- Inability to drive on their own
Talk it Through
If your loved ones are going through one or more of these warning signs, talk with them about their care needs prior to calling in for help. They might give in, confess their concerns, and provide useful options you can consider. After all, this care plan is for them. Their comfortability with a potential care assistance can bring a difference too.
Get an Expert’s Advice
Finding the ideal Care Homes in Texas for your loved ones can be a tedious task, and we understand this. You don’t need to go through the process on your own. Getting an expert’s advice on your care options can streamline your selection course and guide you towards choosing the best decision for you and your loved ones.
Why Faith Comfort Care Home?
We provide a unique and a caring home environment for residents who may need 24-hour care assistance. Our home is a wonderful alternative to Assisted Living Facilities built with devotion and kindness. We provide unmatched personal care and attention to our residents.
Quality assistance is all that matters when you are at an age where mobility can no longer be at your advantage. Consult with one of our friendly care experts today. Call Faith Comfort Care Home at 214-607-8763 to get started.
Have we missed some warning signs? Let us know in the comments below.